Monday, October 30, 2006

Take The Time To Show Your Gratitude




Remembrance Day, November 11th, is the day we pay tribute to our Military Veterans who paid the "ultimate sacrifice", to provide us with the Freedom we enjoy today... And more specifically, I believe it's primarily directed towards World War I Vets, as this was the initial intent of Remembrance Day to begin with... For me, it's a day when I too will reflect on those brave men and women who gave their lives for country, and fellow countrymen, in the name of democracy... They lie in graves all over the world, some that are even unmarked, due to lack of identity at the time of their deaths... However, I'll also reflect somewhat on fallen RCMP comrades, (some of whom I helped bury...) who also gave and lost their lives, serving this great country of ours...

So again I encourage any readers of this post, to take an hour or two of your day on November 11th, to get out to your local cenotaph, and pay the tribute that is due... It's only because of those who have fallen, that you enjoy the wonderful life you have... Have a great day all...

Wayne



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home