Saturday, January 27, 2007

"The Mizzen Men In The Studio"



After performing on New Years Eve in Sydney, and a week later doing a three night gig at The Old Triangle Pub in Moncton, Tom, Ray and myself headed to The Sound Expression Studio's in Lake Utopia, NB, with our producer, Christian Gay... We recorded all our music tracks during the week of January 15th to 20th, and we're really pleased with the outcome... Now for the downside!!!

Around December 20th, I came down with strepped throat, courtesy of my boys bringing a "bug" home from school... My 'Doc' had me on antibiotics, and although they helped a little, I was still well "under the weather" for the New Years Eve and Moncton gigs... So to make a long story short, we put the recording of our vocal tracks on "pause", and will get back at it, hopefully in mid March sometime... No sense in ruining what's going to be a great CD, with poor vocals... And I must have given the "bug" to Tom and Ray, as both of them were far from 100% as well with their vocals... HA!!! Sorry Guys!!!

So don't fret folks!!! Our new CD, "Folk Songs & Sea Shanty's" will be completed, just a little later than sooner... "Slainte"...

Wayne





1 Comments:

At 4:06 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say I am some anxious to hear the new CD. From the sounds of it, it's going to be awesome.

Despite the sore throat that you had Wayne I must say you did an amazing job in Moncton. I enjoyed every minute of it. I think that the smile on my face Friday and Saturday night was proof enough that you guys did a good job.

Love the music and can't wait to hear more.

Bonnie Mae

 

Post a Comment

<< Home